Spousal Support Modification Attorney

At the Law Offices of Jodie Bassichis, P.A., we represent clients with legal concerns that arise after a divorce or Paternity Action has been made final. These issues generally involve the modification and enforcement of child residence, child support, and spousal support. A person may require representation in modification or enforcement for various reasons. We are here to address virtually any type of legal issue which is case specific.

Do you have a question regarding Modification of child residence, timesharing, child support and/or spousal support? Please contact the Law Offices of Jodie Bassichis today to arrange your consultation with a lawyer.

Modification and Relocation

One party may request a modification to prior orders of child residence, child support or spousal support (alimony) based upon a substantial change of circumstances or other matters of law. A common change in circumstance that results in an entitlement to modification is a substantial change in income resulting of the increase or decrease in income of either party. Modification actions may be necessary when a parent has been exercising overnight timesharing with their child(ren) in a frequency greater than that contemplated or ordered previously. This could have an impact on the actual child support that parent should be paying and may result in a decrease. When overnights are not exercised by a parent pursuant to a prior Order, this could result in a parent being entitled to an increase of support. An action to modify the residnece/timesharing arrangements between the parent and child and to modify child support being paid by a parent may be filed as a Supplemental Petition.

Modification of existing child support orders will not go retroactively back prior to the date of filing. Accordingly, if a Modification is warranted it is imperative to file the Supplemental Petition for Modification action promptly.

Relocation requests to fifty miles from the current residence, another part of the state or to even another country have become a popular and growing issue in the courts, especially since the implementation of the new Statute in regards to Relocation. If a party does desire to relocate, there are now specific procedures which need to be followed in order to Petition the COurt for the right to relocate. Our firm represents proponents and contestants of requests for modification and relocation.


Contempt charges can be filed if one party does not adhere to the terms of a final judgment, mediation agreement or settlement agreement. Contempt charges may also be filed if a party is failing to pay child support, spousal support or if one party does not follow or hampers child residence or timesharing arrangements. Our firm represents clients in contempt/enforcement proceedings. We provide experienced representation to those who have been charged with contempt /enforcement as well as those who need an order to be enforced and wish to bring contempt proceedings.

Many family law and divorce issues do not stop once the divorce has been made final. Our firm strives to seek efficient and favorable resolutions on behalf of our clients. If you are interested in learning more about how we can help, contact us today.

Have Questions?

Contact Us

South Florida Divorce Attorney

Attorney Bassichis, always maintains focus and priority of her client’s cases and strives to resolve each and every matter in an expedited fashion to benefit her clients.
Copyright © 2022 Law Office of Jodie Bassichis, P.A
Website made with ♡ by Gold Penguin
linkedin facebook pinterest youtube rss twitter instagram facebook-blank rss-blank linkedin-blank pinterest youtube twitter instagram